Re: Looking for Special Challenge-Response Auth PAM Module, or Similar

On 23.08.22 15:15, Jochen Bern wrote:
What I'm looking for is a solution where the appliance would prompt with a *randomly chosen* challenge, random enough to make it unfeasible to try and wait for the challenge to repeat, the technician types the challenge into some device of his own (laptop, if need be), types the response displayed back into the appliance, and hey, nice camera you have there making an *entirely useless* recording.

Would anyone here happen to know of such a beast?

Thanks for the suggestions, let me answer in more detail below ...