RE: about openssh on AIX platform

On Saturday, March 26, 2022 9:06 PM, Damien Miller wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Mar 2022, 徐楚 wrote:

>> Hi ,
>>   I compiled the openssh 8.9p1 on IBM AIX platform(pls see the
>> attachment). I am wondering I can share this with other AIX users over
>> internet.Because IBM has not upgraded AIX version in a long time.The
>> latest version is 8.2. Any advice is very appreciated.Thank you.

>As far as we are concerned, there are no restrictions on sharing OpenSSH binaries.
>However, some users are likely to be concerned about running software whose provenenace they cannot easily verify, so you might be better off sharing the build recipe and instructions so they can build their own.

Totally agree. I personally would be highly interested  in build recipe and instructions to build my own. Each time with new release I am struggling with new issues/error upon compilation and any information on this matter is greatly appreciated, so if you are willing to share your approach that helps a lot. The instructions I have for my own build is rather lengthy (statically linked SSL and gzip libs).

--
Val Baranov <val.baranov@xxxxxxxx>