Re: ssh proxy connection used to work with Firefox, now doesn't

On 11/10/2021 10:23, Chris Green wrote:
If I simply visit the isbd.uk web site directly using Firefox then
everything works as it should (and it is an HTTPS site so the
certificates are being used/seen by Firefox).

It's only when I try and use isbd.uk as a proxy to other (definitely
OK sites, e.g. duckduckgo.com, google.co.uk, etc.) that I get the error.

Ah in that case, what I described was not the problem, sorry. Somehow Firefox doesn't like using the proxy on 1080.

Using tcpdump on localhost might show you how far it gets into the connection attempt.

Determining whether this is a Firefox issue or not might involve using some other SOCKS client to test.