Re: OpenSSH support for FIDO RSA keys

On 30/8/21 1:53 pm, Peter Moody wrote:
I bet this (once) expensive equipment still supports telnet, so
nothing is being broken.
even if it doesn't, the idea that someone would assume support of this
equipment is the responsibility of the openssh maintainers, rather
than the_vendor_, blows my mind.

That's an absurd mis-characterisation of what I said.  Perhaps you sent your message in injudicious haste.

Damien said that he plans to remove support for DSS keys at some future time.  That will take effort and I bet leaving them in the code will take none.

I'm saying, don't put in that effort because it will needlessly break equipment.  Deprecate it to all hell, but don't remove it. In no possible way can that be conflated with me saying that openssh maintainers have to support anybody's equipment.