Re: authorized_principals for Kerberos authentication

On 10/5/2019 3:26 AM, Damien Miller wrote:
On Fri, 4 Oct 2019, Friedrich Schaeuffelhut wrote:

SSH supports ~/.ssh/authorzied_keys for SSH keys and
~/.ssh/authorized_principals for X509 certs.

I could not find an equivalent of authorzied_keys
using Kerberos authentication.

I think you want ~/.k5login, but it's been years since I've used
kerberos.

Looking at the current portable code, it appears to just call krb5_kuserok(). That may look at k5login (the location of which is configurable), krb5_aname_to_localname(), a custom method, or multiple of the above, depending on which kerberos library is in use and how it is configured. (Note that Red Hat has muddied the waters with their patches, but let's ignore that).

To support the OP's ask of ForceCommand, etc., OpenSSH would need to either support exposing the client principal as a type which can be used in a Match block, or add Yet Another authorized_foo file (or extend the format of an existing one).

I think exposing the authorized_foo functionality via Match operators would be a more elegant solution, but I don't know how difficult that would be to code, as I haven't looked at when (and in which process) they are evaluated.

--
Carson