Re: OpenSSH socket forwarding in ssh_config file?

On 19Oct2018 17:12, Damien Miller <djm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, Cameron Simpson wrote:
The ssh command line's -L option has supported socket forwarding for a while,
but as far as I can tell the ssh_config file does not, even in 7.9.

It does, look for LocalForward

Pardon me, I've been unclear.

I don't mean TCP forwards but UNIX domain socket forwarding. I use LocalForward extensively in my ssh configs for tunnels, but although these command line options:

   -L [bind_address:]port:host:hostport
   -L [bind_address:]port:remote_socket
   -L local_socket:host:hostport
   -L local_socket:remote_socket

work just fine for UNIX domain sockets, all my efforts with UNIX socket file paths have met with failure in the ssh config file, and the ssh_config(5) manual entry doesn't mention them.

UNIX domain sockets have the advantage that one can apply UNIX permissions to them, a boon on a shared machine.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx>