Re: Legacy option for key length?

On 02/01/18 16:05, Peter Moody wrote:
I think a very good question which needs to be asked is, what value does
disallowing shorter keys bring over severely deprecating them
like you said, they have only been severely deprecated. further, you
have been told exactly how to enable them, here
https://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2018-January/036535.html

No, these shorter keys have been disallowed.  There is no way to enable them, other than to modify the software.

you seem to want someone else to do all the work for you.

That is not true, and it was rather mean of you to say it.  I am willing to all the work, but there's no point doing that if it's just going to be rejected out-of-hand, which seems to be the case.

Your position (per reference above) is that allowing use of shorter keys is irresponsible.  It's not.  It is irresponsible to break other people's equipment (which is what you want to do.)  It is irresponsible (for openssh) to push people to other software.