FreeBSD Coverity scan issues in OpenSSH -> how to contribute back patches?

Hi,
	FreeBSD runs a Coverity static analysis scan on a weekly basis to determine whether or not there are issues within the software that we ship with FreeBSD. After the latest upgrade (to 7.4p1) I noticed that there are some new issues in SSH.
	We (FreeBSD) have some local modifications to OpenSSH that are maintained for features or behavior (I believe), so I’ll need to go through our patchset and determine whether or not the issues are in our modifications or in the upstream code.
	That being said, I was wondering how you prefer for patches to be submitted back upstream, in particular, is there a process that I should follow for signing off on patches, contributing, etc?
Thank you for your time,
-Ngie