Re: Is there any solution, or even work on, limiting which keys gets forwarded where?

On 20/10/15 16:00, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 09:33:46AM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On Tue 2015-10-20 03:08:11 -0400, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
If I run tmux locally, and my network connection dies, then I lose what
I was doing on remote host.
Tmux is there to protect me from losing work (let's say, in the middle
of datbase upgrade) due to network issues).
if you want that kind of protection, run tmux (or GNU screen) on the
remote host itself.  that will protect you from outages on the jumphost
as well.
That's not an option, since I usually work on multiple hosts behind
single jump host at once.
You can run a tmux locally where you load several hosts running screen.

Anyway - I need agent forwarding,
I'm not so sure about this point.

and from what I gather - there is no
solution, or work on solution, that would allow me to limit which keys
gets forwarded.
Right. The only solution currently available is to play with several ssh agents,
or changing the loaded keys in the agent (in addition of the ask-before-use
feature).

That's fine, really (kindof, but it's better to know
that there is no such thing than spend hours hunting for something that
just doesn't exist).

There's no such thing :)
We have discussed that in the past, but there's no code doing that (yet).

Best regards