Re: Usability issue when forced to change password when logging in to a system

John Olsson M wrote:
> What about changing the dialog like this? (The instructions matches better

I think there's a good case to be made for OpenSSH to not provide any
instructions at all unless it is in charge of the dialog itself.

Have you checked that the current instructions are actually output by
OpenSSH? The string seems to be in openbsd-compat/bsd-cray.c inside
#ifdef _UNICOS

> Login As: Foobar
> Password:
> Your password has expired. Retype your old password.

I'd argue simply for "Your password has expired."

> Old Password:
> Choose a new password.
> New Password:
> Retype your new password
> New Password:

> Could this be implemented without the need for caching any password

Why don't you try? All arguments are better received with a patch.

//Peter