Re: Improve ControlPersist documentation

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Loïc Le Loarer wrote:
While testing the ControlPersist option (which is very useful by the way, thank you), I find out that setting it to 0 has the same behaviour as setting it to yes, while I would have expected to exit as soon as the last client exits.

I think it should exit immediately, so the current behaviour of ControlPersist=0 waiting forever should be considered a bug to be fixed in code, not a feature to be added to documentation.

Of course, it would also be a good idea to change the behaviour and exits as soon as the last client exits. I tried to change the code in this way, but there is an issue in that the control background process doesn't even wait for the first client to connect...

If fixing it properly is too difficult, then waiting for a very short time, like 1 second, might be a reasonable compromise.

--apb (Alan Barrett)