Re: Option for endpoint.anyconnect.deviceuniqueid of Cisco/ASA DAP

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 22:46 +0200, yesi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your works.
>

> I was given a windows laptop with Anyconnect client to connect to
> the
> VPN server.
>
> There is an registered unique ID (i suppose
> endpoint.anyconnect.deviceuniqueid) that was made when the windows
> client was connected for the first time.
>
> So before that the filter was applied, using Openconnect on Linux to
> connect to Cisco/ASA SSL VPN does work.
>

> But today, the admin to secure better uses DAP of Cisco/ASA, to
> filter
> by that unique ID. I have that ID.
>
> It seems that it uses |%ASA-7-734003|.
>
>  From [1], there are various options that can be given.
>
> Openconnect does not give some options when connecting into the ASA
> logs
> : it does not give that ID when logging. i do not see these
> informations
> into the ASA logs.
>
> But AnyConnect client on a Windows station give to ASA logs some
> endpoint options as :
>
> - endpoint.anyconnect.deviceuniqueid
>
> - endpoint.anyconnect.macaddress
>
> - endpoint.anyconnect.address
>
> - etc
>

> What i would like to use is to give the option of
> endpoint.anyconnect.deviceuniqueid when running openconnect.
>
> I am not it is implemented, isn't it ?
>
> If yes, which option could i use ?
>
> If not, do you think that option could later be added ?
>
> Actually, i can use the 8.05, 8.06 and Git version.
>

> Thank you in advance for return.

I think you can set at least the unique ID with the
openconnect_set_mobile_info() function, which isn't exposed on the
command line. Do you want to try using that and let us know if it does
what you expect?

There was a patch at
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2016-July/003808.html
which attempted to add support for it for non-mobile platforms but it
needed a little more work. We should probably revisit that.

I note modern AnyConnect also sends a 'unique-id-global' as well as the
'unique-id' field.