Machine keeps dying with OpenConnect

Hi,

I have a user who uses OpenConnect to connect to a VPN tunnel from within a network. The end point he is tunnelling to is a juniper network. The user is a sudoer.

The user has been installing OpenConnect on Debian 10 from source; this has now killed the box which we don’t have physical access to currently due to ongoing global issues.

When he was running ./configure —prefix=<SOME_PATH> the machine died. Does this script do anything trying to enumerate a new interface?

This is a new box we configured a few months ago for this specific reason. After he’s done with his tunnel we seem to be unable to access the machine again via SSH.

What might be killing the connection and causing us to press the reset button on the machine?

Kind Regards,

Dean