Re: Creating TAP tunnels rather than TUN

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 5:31 AM Scott <misc0003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running ocserv on FreeBSD and users are currently terminated on TUN
> tunnels.
>
> Is there any way to configure or rebuild ocserv such that it creates TAP
> interfaces instead?
>
> My aim is to bridge these users back to a central site (which is not running
> ocserv).

The Cisco AnyConnect protocol, of which the OpenConnect protocol is an
extension (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-openconnect-02),
can only transport IP/L3 packets, not LL/L2 packets… so users of the
VPN could not actually see users of the central site as being on the
same network segment.

> ps. apologies if this has been answered in an earlier thread but Cloudflare
> is carping about the gmane page not being reachable.

Gmane has been down for years :(
You may be interested in this thread from a few years ago:
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openconnect-devel/2015-February/002774.html

Thanks,
Dan