Re: openconnect and tpm2

On Tue, 2020-03-03 at 13:11 +0200, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-03-03 at 09:02 +0100, Grant Williamson wrote:
> > In our use case. We are provided a p12 file.
> > We are testing om RHEL 8.
> > Where improvement could take place, my thoughts.
> >
> > - instructions on how to extract the private key and the certs from
> > the p12(see below)
>
> I'm definitely going for the "if it needs documenting, fix it first"
> approach on that one.
>
> I don't want to tell users how to convert between different file
> formats. I want software just to silently *accept* the sensible file
> formats instead.
>
> So this really ends up being a feature request for James: the
> create_tpm2_key tool ought to support importing keys from PKCS#12
> files.

OK, this one looks like a fairly easy one: pkcs12 can have multiple
certificates but only one key, so I just have to extract it.  It's a
der file, so it's fairly easy to distinguish from a PEM private key
which is what we currently accept, so I think I can simply add it to
the current options.

I'll cook up a patch and send it to the list with you on the cc.

James