Re: Can connect to Globalprotect VPN but no network access

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 1:10 AM Ruiyang Wu <ruiyangwu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is the summary of my issue:
> 1. I ran openconnect on Windows Powershell (as admin) as follows:
>        openconnect --protocol=gp --user=<USERNAME> vpn.****.com
>
> 2. Openconnect version:
>        Using GnuTLS. Features present: PKCS#11, HOTP software token,
> TOTP software token, Yubikey OATH, System keys, DTLS, ESP
> Supported protocols: anyconnect (default), nc, gp, pulse

You're missing the line that includes the actual OpenConnect version
number (e.g. 7.08, 8.05). What is it?

> 3. Operating system:
>        MSYS_NT-10.0-WOW  2.10.0(0.325/5/3) 2018-04-05 00:47 i686 Msys
>
> 4. I was able to connect to the VPN server, and get an ipv4 address:
> Connected to HTTPS on **.**.**.**
>  GlobalProtect login returned authentication-source=**
>  POST https://**.**.**.**/ssl-vpn/getconfig.esp
>  Session will expire after 1440 minutes.
>  Tunnel timeout (rekey interval) is 120 minutes.
>  Idle timeout is 180 minutes.
>  No MTU received. Calculated 1326 for ESP tunnel
>  POST https://**.**.**.**/ssl-vpn/hipreportcheck.esp
>  Connected as **.**.**.**, using SSL, with ESP in progress
>  Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> VPN Gateway: **.**.**.**
> Internal Address: **.**.**.**
> Internal Netmask: **.**.**.**
> Internal Gateway: **.**.**.**
> Interface: "Local Area Connection"
> MTU: 1326
> Configuring "Local Area Connection" interface for Legacy IP...
> done.
> Configuring Legacy IP networks:
> Waiting for interface to come up...
> Waiting for interface to come up...
> Route configuration done.
> ESP session established with server
>  ESP tunnel connected; exiting HTTPS mainloop.
>
> 5. The TAP adapter property in Windows control panel showed "no
> network access". And all the internet traffic seemed to avoid the TAP
> adapter so the result is like I was not using VPN at all.
>
> 6. Globalprotect GUI by Palo Alto Networks works fine.
>
> 6. I can use anyconnect VPN (from another VPN provider) with the same
> openconnect build on the same machine.
>
> 8. I also tried on macOS, the problem is the same. I actually could
> visit contents on the LAN of the VPN provider, but all other internet
> connection failed (I can't test this on Windows because of 5)

What version of the Windows routing configuration script are you
using? (https://gitlab.com/openconnect/vpnc-scripts/blob/master/vpnc-script-win.js)