Re: v8.04: Connection works with --juniper flag; error if --protocol=pulse is used

This is something that probably needs to be clarified in the docs for
OpenConnect v8.04+ (https://www.infradead.org/openconnect)…

> With v8.04, I am unable to connect to my VPN if I use the
> --protocol=pulse option. I am still able to connect by using the
> --juniper option.

The --juniper option is equivalent to --protocol=nc. Both tell
OpenConnect to use the old Juniper Network Connect protocol, which has
been supported by OpenConnect for a long time, including the TNCC
"securiteh" scanner and most of the known authentication options.

The --juniper option is NOT equivalent to --protocol=pulse. The latter
tells OpenConnect to use the newer and (arguably) less badly-designed
Pulse Secure protocol, which was only very recently implemented in
OpenConnect.

Most extant Juniper/Pulse servers support *both* the NC and Pulse
protocols. However, there are some newer servers which are willing to
speak the NC protocol for initial authentication, but then return an
"error 0x08" which we think means they only allow the Pulse protocol
for the tunnel.

Current status:
- OpenConnect doesn't yet support all of the myriad and convoluted
authentication options used by Pulse, nor does it support Pulse+TNCC
(blame me for that: I said I'd work on it but just haven't had time).
- NC doesn't support IPv6 at all, while Pulse does support IPv6 (but
only in a very badly handicapped way:
https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/commit/b4f50f8bd5da7e6ac926ddd5095501edbc204cd0).

I'd suggest using --prot=pulse if it works for you, and --prot=nc if
it doesn't. If the server has disabled support for NC and neither of
them work, then please send feedback with detailed logs (--dump -vvvv)
indicating what part *doesn't* work with Pulse.

Thanks,
Dan