connection between 2 clients in one VPN

Dear Openconnect/Ocserv-Team,

I set up a VPN-Server with ocserv and each user does get a fixed
(RFC1918) IP using a config-per-user configuration.

How can I enable connections (e.g. ssh, http, ping, ...) between
different client computers? [No (local) firewall is blocking anything.]

(They all get their correct VPN-IP (for example all in 192.16.1.0/24),
their 'tun' interface, etc., but no connection between them is possible.

A client does not really get a 'network' defined, the netmask is
255.255.255.255. Why?

How can I make clients in my VPN reachable by each other? (They are
connected to the internet using different internet providers and of
course it is not possible to connect directly between them. A VPN
*should* be the solution to enable a connection between them. At least I
hope so.

(The clients are Linux+Windows-PCs, Raspberry PIs, all are using
openconnect to connect to the VPN). Ocserv is running on Ubuntu 16.04 (I
also tried to compile the current version, no solution...)

Best regards, Wolfgang