device identity using IP instead of MAC

I've been using OpenConnect to connect to a Cisco VPN for quite a
while now with great success.  We're testing out Cisco ISE and that is
where I could use some help.  When using the Cisco AnyConnect client
Cisco ISE sees the client identity as the system's MAC address, which
it then uses to match a database of compliant systems.  When I use
OpenConnect Cisco ISE sees the public IP on my NAT device as the
client IP, rather than the MAC or even the local IP.  I'm guessing
that may mean it just got nothing in the field it expected and all it
has to go on is the internet IP it sees my traffic coming from.

I don't see any configuration flags to tell OpenConnect to send the
MAC address in wherever it is expected to be / is being set with
AnyConnect.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers, OpenConnect has been rock solid
and I'd hate to be forced to give it up.

Thanks!