Re: Juniper Pulse + hostchecker + pre-auth banner + Duo MFA + profiles?

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 12:14 PM James Ralston <ralston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Our site uses the Juniper Pulse VPN, configured with a pre-auth
> banner you must click through, requiring the host checker, requiring
> Duo MFA, and using profiles.
>
> Has anyone come up with a combination of openconnect and helper
> utilities that will satisfy *all* of these dependencies?

After more testing, I realized that at some point, someone patched
OpenConnect to be able to recognize and click through the
Juniper/Pulse default pre-auth banner (commit 3e91f7bf, maybe?).

This removes the need to use the juniper-vpn.py script, and when
configuring a Juniper/Pulse VPN connection in nm-connection-editor,
one can simply put the full URL (including the profile name) in the
"Gateway" field, which is passed to OpenConnect.

So: never mind.  OpenConnect (at least recent versions) can meet all
of the requirements.

Thanks to everyone who works on OpenConnect and contributes to the
project!