--request-ip not in the source code?

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 6:26 AM Phillips, Tony <tonyphillips at ti.com> wrote:

> Yep -- confirmed it works for me, here, too.
>
> Observation:  The "typical" behavior is that the provided IP just increments across the range of available IPs on each successive connection to the VPN server.
>
> I rebooted my client (forcing a reconnection each time) and observed that with --request-ip=x.x.x.x we can retain a specific IP across reconnections.
>
> I did not test to see what happens if we request an IP that's already in use by another client.
>
> Thanks!

Great!

David,
How would you feel about merging in support for the `--request-ip`
option if it's only functional for GlobalProtect right now? (Recall
that our tests on Cisco servers confirm it doesn't work? at least not
on all of them? and it definitely doesn't work with ocserv, nor with
Juniper.)  Maybe have it error out if `--request-ip` is specified with
a protocol that doesn't support it? or just warn since it's merely a
"request" anyway?

Presumably we'd want an API function and protocol feature flags for
this as well.

Thanks,
Dan