error 0x08 in response to Juniper vestigial auth packet (was: Connecting to Pulse Secure results in SSL)

Thanks for the gist, making definite progress. Pulse now connects
through mitmdump's proxy. I get some basic logging in the console, but the /tmp dir does not contain any logs using the command in the gist (substituting my Pulse Secure endpoint of course).

Any ideas?