How to install and starting OpenConnect

> Hi David
>
> Many thanks.  Just to confirm.
> The network-manager-openconnect package is the one listed as latest on
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/NetworkManager-openconnect/1.2/
> The latest being NetworkManager-openconnect-1.2.4.tar.xz
> So if I download that package, and then unzip and run the install, it
> should then be part of the normal network setup, and the VPN
> connection will be from the GUI?
> Sorry if these are basic/plodding questions, I know that I've jumped
> into Linux and need to up skill quickly.
> I will work through this all tonight.

That is indeed the right piece of software but you're again looking at its
source code ? the human-readable version which needs to be compiled into
executable code that your computer can actually run.

You shouldn't need to do that. You should be able to use the pre-built
binary packages from the Linux distribution that you're running. See the
'apt install ...' command that Ralph (or someone) referred you to
previously. I believe Ubuntu calls the package
'network-manager-openconnect' so:
 sudo apt install network-manager-openconnect

The benefit of using the packages from your distribution is that they
should all be configured sanely to work together as a whole, agreeing on
where settings and files are stored etc.

By downloading individual pieces of software and attempting to build them
for yourself, you are voluntarily taking yourself back to the 1990s. :)

--
dwmw2