help with upgraded Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.? I had seen these things except for the wrapper
script from David Woodhouse (linked to on the list).? I tried that one but I
was unsurprised when it did not work (you'll see why...).

hostscan-bypass did not work for me.? It appears to be creating a MITM attack
and capturing the hostscan response.? The code appears to be scraping lines
from the response that have "endpoint" in them and inserting those into a
boilerplate script.? Importantly, it does not modify the lines, which implies
they must constitute a correct response to being with.? My guess is that this
tool is only useful if you have another machine (Windows likely) that already
works (I don't).? I do have an AC Linux client but it is an old one and I
think it is not compatible with my org's new VPN.? I can't use it anyway
because Cisco's client does not have *any* support for PIV cards (one might
think they could at least accept a PK11 URI like OC does, but, well... Cisco).

I do have my org's data.xml and I've been trying to guess how to build a
valid response from it.? I think I am probably very close but it's hard to
know what I'm missing because I don't know what it's looking for.? To make
matters worse, my org's vpn appears to use a newer version of hostscan with a
different response format. Most examples I've found online use the old
response format (which uses terms like "av" and "fw").? The new one uses "am"
(anti-malware) and "pfw" (personal firewall).? The changes are described
(high-level) in a Cisco migration document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/migration/guide/HostscanMigration43x-46x.html

(Look for "Endpoint Attribute Definitions" about halfway down.)

This doc contains some examples of the responses they want. There appears to
be added fields relative to the older format.? As you probably know, the
backend validates the response using a Lua script which can theoretically
contain almost anything the administrator wants to include.? (If I could get
that script this would be easy... :|? )

I think I need to start a dialog with my IT dept next (I've been waiting for
my manager to return to the office).? However, I'm not very hopeful about
that because past experiences have demonstrated that they barely know
anything about the stuff they're using (I hope that's not typical but I fear
it is).? I might be able to get help from Cisco through them (but that's a
whole other can of worms...? :|

Anyway, thanks again!

~ray