Failed Connection over Mobile (Cellular) Networks

Hi Nikos

On 14/07/2018 20:41, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> What was the total size of the client hello? There was a particular
> firewall which would terminate the TLS connection if the client hello
> was between 256 and 512 bytes, and it was the reason of rfc7685
> extension. You can append %DUMBFW to see if that's the case, and it
> will ensure that gnutls' hello is outside that range.
Unfortunately, it's 242 bytes, therefore outside of the range.? I've
just tried with %DUMBFW, just for the sake of it, and it still fails.
>> Oddly enough, gnutls-cli still sends the following extensions when
>> --disable-extensions is set:
> I think it is time to deprecate that option. It is not possible to
> negotiate TLS1.2 or TLS1.3 without extensions.

It seems that option only disables some but not all extensions, as it
connected with that option.? It only fails with the %NO_EXTENSIONS
option, which disables all extensions. Even though the
--disable-extensions option works, it's a gnutls-cli option and there
doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the openconnect client.

Thanks for your help and patience,

Gareth

---