Problems with client in Ubuntu Linux.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Christopher Mattern <syscjm at gwu.edu> wrote:
> Also, while the vopenconnect is attempting to run, a new entry gets added to
> my route table:
>
>> syscjm at ibis:~$ route
>> Kernel IP routing table
>> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
>> Iface
>> default         0.0.0.0         0.0.0.0         U     0      0        0
>> tun0
>> ^C
>> syscjm at ibis:~$
>

> and then the route command hangs.

You need to run route -n. Without that, it hangs because it's failing
DNS lookups.

> Also, other clients are using this VPN server without problems.  It just
> seems to be openconnect that's failing.

OpenConnect is authenticating and setting up the tunnel just fine. But
it's getting hung up somewhere in the routing configuration script.

There's one confusing/erroneous routing configuration item being sent
by the server, which confuses the vpnc-script. I don't think that's
_entirely_ what's breaking things here? a DNS-related bug may be
involved as well.

You'll have to disentangle these effects to get it working. I'll toot
my own horn here and suggest that you try vpn-slice
(https://github.com/dlenski/vpn-slice) as an alternative to the
default vpnc-script. It lets you use a very simplified,
user-constructed routing configuration instead of the one sent by the
VPN gateway.

-Dan