Notes on ocserv (0.11.3) compatibility with FreeBSD 10.2/10.3

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:14 PM, jvi <v8kjvi0j6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Routes
> ocserv accepts only the most crude and basic route definitions (route
> = "") from the configuration file. Any more details and complicated
> syntax is either ignored or ends up as an error. Perhaps ocserv could
> simply set whatever is defined through route = "" option instead of
> trying to process and check its syntax? That would do it. Leave making
> sure route definitions are correct to the user.
>
> Workaround: Custom/advanced routes can be set through a connect script
> (connect-script = "")

Could you elaborate on that? What syntax is missing? Note that ocserv
cannot allow free-form syntax as it has to send valid data to the
clients.

> 3) Support for multiple routing tables
> There is none. At the core of FreeBSD routing lays multi-fib
> management, especially if there are several jails involved. Preparing
> ocserv for it should be fairly simple. Hence ocserv could get its on
> routing table(s) separated from the system default/any other routing
> table, perhaps even one for each user; for convenience, safety and
> foolproofing, which would be a brilliant feature.

It is unclear to me what do you mean here. Is it about providing
different routes to different users? That is already allowed.

regards,
Nikos