Add TOTP (RFC6238) one-time password support

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 18:39 -0500, John Morrissey wrote:
>> - openconnect_set_stoken_mode no longer accepts the use_stoken argument
>>   and instead always tries to initialize libstoken when called. This
>>   makes sense in openconnect(8), but I'm not sure how much of a concern
>>   this API change is for upstream consumers of libopenconnect. I also
>>   wasn't sure how to account for this in libopenconnect.map.in.

Would it be useful to allow the library user to disable token
generation, e.g. for retrying after a failed attempt?

Or should we just ask them to tear down the context and start fresh
with a new one?

> You can't account for it. It's an ABI break and it would take us to
> libopenconnect.so.3. I'd like to avoid this change, if possible.
>
> Admittedly, I don't think anyone is *using* the existing functions from
> a GUI; I certainly haven't seen any NetworkManager-openconnect patches
> go by which implement stoken support there. But that isn't really the
> point. There are consumers of this library that I *don't* keep a close
> eye on, like kde-plasma-networkmanagement and Shimo.

I sent a few network-manager-openconnect patches a while back:

https://github.com/cernekee/network-manager-openconnect/commits/stoken-v2

I don't see them on git.gnome.org; I can rework them to use the latest
APIs and resubmit.

> I've already received complaints about the way that stoken support is
> automatically built if libstoken is present, and silently omitted if
> not. It would be nice to have a --disable-oath argument to configure:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/automagic.xml

OK, so they want ./configure to fail if libstoken is missing, unless
--disable-stoken was explicitly specified?

Should libproxy work the same way?