OpenConnect for Android, Difference to OpenVPN

Hi,

I was considering developing an Android VPN client that can be used
with Cisco servers. There is some work on this in the Android
community, but it seems to only work with Jailbroken Android devices.
Obviously, your source code could be used as a template, but I was
wondering how it differed from OpenVPN. Does openVPN not support Cisco
servers?

http://openvpn.net/index.php/

Are there other reasons why it would be better to start with
OpenConnect vs. OpenVPN?

Thanks,
Craig