Celebrating 100 years of national parks:

Here at the White House, we're honoring a National Park Service that cares for a park a little closer to home.

The White House

Celebrating 100 years of national parks:

This month marks the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service -- and Americans are celebrating at parks around the country. Part of this celebration is thanking the men and women who conserve these natural and cultural places.

Here at the White House, we're honoring a National Park Service that cares for a park a little closer to home -- the White House grounds.

The National Park Service has been taking care of the White House grounds since the 1930s -- all 18 acres of it -- and many of these staff have served here for over 35 years.

Watch the National Park Service talk about what it’s like to work at the White House, and read their stories of service:

Don't forget -- national parks across America are free this weekend, so get outside and explore.

Happy 100th Anniversary, National Park Service!