Why the President's in Camden, New Jersey:

Camden has faced one of the highest violent crime rates in America. But recently, they've taken steps to create more economic opportunity, improve trust between residents and their police department, make police officers' jobs safer, and reduce crime in the process.

The White House

The President is going to Camden, New Jersey today. Here's why:

Camden has faced one of the highest violent crime rates in America. But recently, they've taken concrete, innovative steps to change that: creating more economic opportunity, improving trust between residents and their police department, making police officers' jobs safer, and reducing crime in the process.

Today, the President will highlight some of those efforts, and show how other cities can make progress on building safer, stronger communities.

Tune in at 3:10 p.m. Eastern to watch the President's remarks -- and tell us other steps you think we can take to expand opportunity for more Americans.

As a country, we're at our best when everyone has the opportunity to get ahead. That's why the President is focused on restoring economic security to more American families, strengthening our neighborhoods, and making sure our young people have the chance to reach their full potential.

And over the next few weeks, members of the President’s Cabinet will be traveling across America to spotlight other cities that are working to make their communities better.

From Secretary Arne Duncan's upcoming trip to Philadelphia, to Attorney General Loretta Lynch's travel to Cincinnati as part of her national Community Policing tour, Cabinet members are highlighting regions where local leaders are improving the quality of life in their communities -- on issues from health care to education to transparency in policing.

Our Administration is deeply engaged with these communities and others across the country -- communities that are showing what can be achieved when people from all walks of life come together to expand opportunity for all Americans.

Watch what the President has to say this afternoon, and share your ideas with us on how we can continue expanding opportunity.

Thanks,

The White House Team

P.S. -- In case you missed it, the President joined Twitter this morning. Make sure to follow his new official account: @POTUS