Breaking news

Tonight at 8 p.m. ET, I'll address the nation from the East Room of the White House.

Here's what I'll be talking about:

We know our immigration system is broken. Using my authority as President, I'll lay out new steps I'm taking to help fix as much of the system as I can.

This is an important issue -- one that's very personal to many Americans -- and I want to make sure you can tune in and hear for yourself.

Go to WhiteHouse.gov/Immigration-Action to watch at 8 p.m. Eastern.

Watch

We've all got a stake in fixing immigration in this country, and every day Washington fails to act, the situation gets worse. That's why, in addition to the actions I'm announcing tonight, I'll continue to work with Congress on a comprehensive, bipartisan solution.

President Barack Obama

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111