A Millennial explains it all:

Check out this infographic to get a good look at the Millennial generation and how we fit into America’s new economic foundation...

Hi,

If you’re known as a "Millennial," you're a child of the digital age. You've traded in dial-up for wi-fi, nighttime dramas for Netflix, and DVDs (or even VHS tapes) for downloads. You still haven’t given up on vinyl.

But what many don’t realize is that "Millennials" -- the tech-savvy, innovative generation that we are -- are also already making an impact on our country's future.

The White House Council of Economic Advisers just finished a deep-dive into the Millennial generation to paint a picture of who we are, the challenges we face, and the role we'll play in building America's 21st century economy.

Check out this infographic to get a good look at the Millennial generation and how we fit into America’s new economic foundation -- then share it on social media:

This is an infographic about Millennials

Given the way many of us like to consume our news, here's a breakdown of the key points from the report that you need to know -- in list form, of course. (But if you’re old school, you can read the full report here.)

  1. We are now the largest, most diverse generation in the U.S.
  2. We're shaped by technology, we value creativity, and we’re innovative (see also: Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr).
  3. More of us are going to college, especially women. But when you couple that with rising tuition, we are left with an ever-increasing share of the student loan debt burden.
  4. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, we are much more likely to have health insurance without being job-locked (which means we can pursue that start-up idea we keep telling people about).
  5. We are moving into urban areas and we’re paying rent. We’re less likely to own a home during our 20s than previous generations.

Coming of age during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression means that young Americans face certain obstacles on the path forward. But no generation is better equipped to overcome them.

That is why President Obama is championing policies that will help unleash the creative energy of young Americans so we can break into new sectors of our economy and develop new enterprises.

The President has increased support for higher education and is giving nearly 5 million Americans the chance to cap student loan payments at 10 percent of their income. He is pushing Congress to pass fair pay legislation and to raise the national minimum wage. He created initiatives to connect more Americans to the internet and empower innovation.

Whether acting with Congress or on his own where he can, the President will continue to invest in our teachers and schools, make education more affordable and accessible, build on our technology boom, expand health coverage and homeownership, and train every hardworking American with the skills they need to find a job they want.

So share this infographic or peruse the full report to get all 15 economic facts about the Millennial generation.

It’s a bit longer than 140 characters, but I think it's worth the read.

Thanks,

Jess

Jessica Schumer
Chief of Staff, Council of Economic Advisers
The White House