America's great outdoors

The White House Thursday, May 22, 2014

America's great outdoors

Two years ago, President Obama set an ambitious goal: to attract 100 million international visitors to the United States each year by the end of 2021. Here's where we are:

More than 70 million travelers from around the world visited the U.S. in the last year alone -- and they spent more than $180 billion. That's huge, and it means big things for our economy.

It's part of the great news the President is sharing at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York today. And it's one of the reasons he designated a new National Monument in New Mexico yesterday -- permanently protecting nearly 500,000 acres as part of the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks.

In honor of the occasion, the Department of the Interior took over our @WhiteHouse Instagram account yesterday to share some of their favorite photos of our great American outdoors.

See these incredible photos -- and learn more about President Obama's plan to grow America's economy through tourism.

Check out the Department of Interior's Instagram takeover

Check out the Department of Interior's Instagram takeover

Check out the Department of Interior's Instagram takeover

Stay Connected

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111