Year of action

Title: Year of action

Hey, all --

Over the past few weeks, we've looked back at last year and spent some time planning. And President Obama has a resolution for 2014: that this will be a year of action.

That's going to take more than just talk: It's going to take work from all of us. So if you're standing with the President in 2014, let him know.

The President will use every tool he can to create new jobs and opportunities for the middle class. He will be looking for areas of bipartisan cooperation, but he won't be waiting on Congress to act. Instead, the President will use his executive authority, both his pen and his phone, to work with anyone to get things done -- whether they be leaders in business, education, Congress, states, or local communities who want to get things done on behalf of the American people.

Last week, President Obama kicked off this effort when he named five new Promise Zones -- areas across the country where we will partner with local communities and businesses to create jobs and expand opportunity. We'll do this by increasing access to education and quality, affordable housing, and by improving public safety.

And when the President travels to North Carolina this Wednesday, he'll announce a new public-private effort to boost advanced manufacturing that attracts the kind of well-paying jobs that sustain a growing middle class. The next day, he'll host an event on expanding college opportunity at the White House -- where he'll be joined by college presidents and other leaders who are taking concrete action to help more students not only go to but graduate from college with the skills they need to succeed.

These are the kinds of efforts that take the challenges we face head on. We've been through a lot as a nation these last few years -- but more hardworking families need a fair shot at getting ahead.

Those families deserve action -- and the President is going to use every executive tool available to him to make sure they get it this year.

So if you're in, let President Obama know you're standing behind him:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/year-of-action

Let's get to work.

Dan

Dan Pfeiffer
Senior Advisor
The White House
@Pfeiffer44

Visit WhiteHouse.gov

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111