Thousands Joined In. Did You?

Title: Thousands Joined In. Did You?
The White House Friday, July 26, 2013

Thousands Joined In. Did You?

President Obama is fighting to build a better bargain for the middle class -- one that ensures that everyone who works hard can get ahead in the 21st century economy. And this week, he asked you to add your voices to the debate.

The response has been amazing. We've already received tens of thousands of submissions, and we're getting more every day.

There's just one problem: We didn't see your name.

Click here to add your name in support of the middle class.

Thanks to the grit and resilience of the American people, we’ve cleared away the rubble from the financial crisis and begun to lay a new foundation for stronger, more durable economic growth. But we’re not there yet. We need a strategy that builds on the cornerstones of what it means to be middle class in America, and what it takes to work your way into the middle class. Good jobs. A good education. Homeownership that’s based on a solid foundation. Affordable health care that’s there for you when you get sick. A secure retirement even if you’re not rich. More chances for folks to earn their way into the middle class as long as they’re willing to work for it.

The President thinks that some in Washington haven't been focused on what really matters to middle-class Americans. Join the thousands who have already signed their names and help bring clarity to this debate. Let us know that you think the middle class matters, and that our economy grows best from the middle out, not the top down.

So if that's something you believe in, if you think we need to make our economy work for working Americans, will you add your name?

Stay Connected