What do you think?

Title: What do you think?
The White House Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What do you think?

President Obama is urging Congress to take up his proposal to cut through the red tape that prevents so many homeowners from refinancing their mortgages and saving hundreds of dollars each month.

It has the potential to be a huge deal, so we want to make sure you have the facts -- and get a chance to tell us what you think.

Take a minute to watch this video from Brian Deese -- one of the President's economic advisors -- then, answer a few short questions to help guide our work on this issue.

Tell us what you think

This is a problem confronting Americans across the country. Millions of families who bought homes before the financial crisis, and have been paying their bills on time every month since, are locked in at the high interest rates of the past. Even though they have done everything right, they can't refinance at today's rates, which are historically low.

If these folks were able to lower their rates, they'd have more money in their pockets each month. That's good for their families, their local communities, and the nation's economy.

So take the time to learn more about President Obama's refinancing proposal, and tell us what you think so that we have the information we need to help get this done. Your answers will shape the work we do in the weeks ahead.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/why-refi

Stay Connected