Infographic: The Bipartisan Debt Compromise

Title: Infographic: The Bipartisan Debt Compromise
The White House Thursday, August 4, 2011

After a long and heated debate, President Obama has signed into law a compromise that will reduce the deficit and avert a default on our obligations that would have devastated our economy.

To help explain this compromise, we’ve put together an infographic that explains what’s in it and what will happen in the coming months:

See the Graphic at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/08/03/myths-and-facts-about-debt-ceiling-compromise

On Tuesday, President Obama spoke about the compromise and urged Congress to immediately take steps to create new jobs, raise wages, and spur economic growth.

Watch the video and read the President's statement.