We need your input

Title: We need your input

The White House, Washington

Good morning,

Do you remember your high school commencement speaker? Neither do I.

This year, one lucky high school will have an unforgettable commencement speaker – President Obama – and we need your help to determine which school it will be.

As part of the Race to the Top Commencement Challenge, several hundred public high schools around the country submitted an application that described how their school is preparing students for college and a career.

We've narrowed down the schools to six finalists, and now it's your turn to weigh in.  Each school produced a short video with help from the Get Schooled Foundation and wrote an essay. You can review and rate each school on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best) between today and Friday April 29 at 11:59 p.m. EDT:

Your ratings will help us narrow down the pool to three finalists, and President Obama will select the winning school from one of these three.

The Commencement Challenge gives public high schools a chance to demonstrate how their school best prepares them for college and a career, helping America win the future by out-educating our competitors and achieving President Obama's goal of having the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020.

The six finalist schools are an excellent example of the best America’s public schools have to offer. Take a moment to watch their videos, read their essays and rate each school:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/commencement

Sincerely,

Melody Barnes
Director of the Domestic Policy Council