Will You Join Forces with Us?

Title: Will You Join Forces with Us?

The White House, Washington

Good afternoon,

I'm writing to make sure that you know about an unprecedented national campaign to support our nation's military families called Joining Forces.

As First Lady, I've had the privilege of meeting with Americans in uniform around the world.  These brave men and women would be the first to tell you that they don't serve alone.  Every day, they are joined in service to our country by military wives, husbands, children, siblings and parents.

Joining Forces is about all of us joining together, as Americans, to give back to the extraordinary military families who sacrifice so much every day. Our motto is simple — everyone can do something.  So take a moment to find out how you can play a part:

Like their loved ones, military families are proud to serve.  But that doesn't mean it’s easy. Indeed many Americans may not realize how difficult it can be to have a parent or spouse deployed overseas.

That's why Joining Forces is so important. We're going to match the unique needs and strengths of America’s military families with specific ways that Americans can offer support.

So on behalf of the President, as well as the Vice President and Dr. Jill Biden, proud military parents themselves, let me offer a heartfelt thanks to not only our troops and their families – but also to the rest of you for joining forces to support them.

Sincerely,

Michelle Obama
First Lady of the United States

P.S. We've created a special email list for more frequent updates about the Joining Forces campaign. You can sign up here: