I Hope You Find this Video Helpful

Title: I Hope You Find this Video Helpful

The White House, Washington

Good morning,

If you watch TV, open a newspaper or read news online, you probably hear a lot of back and forth every day about the economy and its impact on the job market.

It can be tough to filter out the noise and get a clear understanding of what’s really going on. I thought it would be helpful to take a look at where our economy has been over the past three years and what President Obama and his Administration have done to help dig us out of the pretty massive hole we were in when he first came into office.

So, we’ve put together this short video.

Here’s the bottom line: when President Obama came into office in January of 2009, we were in the middle of the worst economic crisis this country has seen since the Great Depression.  Through the Recovery Act, tax credits for working families and small businesses, and investments in the industries of the future, we are getting back on the right track.  We went from losing nearly 800,000 jobs in a single month as the President came into office to our ninth straight month of private sector job growth last month.

We still have a lot of work to do.  Times are still tough for millions of Americans who are out of work, and we’re not going to rest until those folks can find a job.

If you have questions about what’s happening with our economy or about what this Administration is doing to turn it around, I’m happy to answer them.

In fact, today at 1:30 p.m. EDT I’m hosting a live chat to take your questions.  Find out how to tune in and submit your questions:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/tuesday-talk

I'm looking forward to talking to you later today.

Sincerely,

Austan Goolsbee
Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers

P.S. In case you missed the first White House White Board video on tax cuts, be sure to check it out here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/whiteboard-tax-cut

Visit WhiteHouse.gov