Watch: The President's Cabinet Reporting to You

Title: Watch: The President's Cabinet Reporting to You

The White House, Washington

Good Afternoon,

Tomorrow evening, President Obama will stand before a joint session of Congress and deliver his first State of the Union address outlining where we are and where we’re going as a Nation.  In preparation for this annual address, he asked his Cabinet to take a moment to prepare a similar report for the American people.

In short videos, members of the President’s Cabinet report back to you on their progress this first year and outline what lies ahead for their departments and agencies to keep America moving forward.  Secretary Sebelius talks about the Department of Health and Human Services' successes helping to prevent the spread of the H1N1 virus; Department of Energy Secretary Chu highlights the thousands of green jobs they’ve created using Recovery Act dollars; and Secretary Clinton details the Department of State’s efforts to restore global partnerships.

Take a look and get a sense of what’s to come in tomorrow’s State of the Union address:

Watch the Videos

When President Obama took office a year ago, we faced an array of historic challenges: an economy in freefall, job losses averaging almost 700,000 a month, a middle class under assault, two wars and badly frayed global alliances.

Faced with these unparalleled challenges, the President and his Cabinet got to work. The Administration took bold steps to rescue the country from a potential second Great Depression; to rebuild the economy for the long-term, so businesses can thrive, the middle class can grow and all our families can be more secure; and to restore America’s leadership in the world as we wrestle with the global challenges of the 21st Century.

Check out the Cabinet’s reports and learn more about what we’ve done this past year and how we plan to keep our Nation moving forward in the next.

Thank you,

Valerie Jarrett
Senior Advisor to the President

P.S. Tomorrow at 9 p.m. EST, remember to watch the President’s State of the Union address live at WhiteHouse.gov.

Visit WhiteHouse.gov