Host a Community Jobs Forum

Title: Host a Community Jobs Forum

The White House, Washington

On Thursday, President Obama is hosting a discussion at the White House to explore every possible avenue for job creation. Small business owners, CEOs, economists, financial experts, and nonprofit groups, as well as Americans who have felt the impact of this economic crisis firsthand, will be there to share ideas.

But you don’t need to be here on Thursday to participate. You can join the discussion by organizing your own jobs forum with your family, friends, and co-workers -- because these conversations can take place in living rooms and conference tables, not just arenas and convention centers.

We’re looking for community leaders like you from all across the country to host discussions from now until December 13th.  Your community jobs forum will be a source of insights and ideas that will inform the President’s approach to job creation.

To get started, let us know you’re interested, and we'll send you information that may help you organize a successful jobs forum in your community:

Get Started

In the coming days, we’ll follow up with discussion questions and other materials to help make your event as productive as possible. We’re not able to offer an events center where anyone can find events already happening, so if you haven’t heard of one in your area, start your own and reach out to your network for participants.

After the event, we’ll provide a simple online tool for you to submit job creation ideas and thoughts.  Back here at the White House, we’ll compile your feedback and send it to the Oval Office for review.

With all of us working together, we’ll get America working again. Get started organizing a jobs forum in your community today.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Valerie

Valerie Jarrett
Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement
The White House

Visit WhiteHouse.gov

Fight flu with facts! • Visit Flu.gov • Call 800-232-4636 • Text FLU2 to 87000

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111