Re: 2024 X.Org Foundation Membership deadline for voting in the election

Hi Pekka,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 10:46:08AM +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:42:48 -0400 Christopher Michael wrote:
>
> > The 2024 X.Org Foundation membership renewal period has been extended
> > one additional week and elections will start the following week on 01
> > April 2024.
> >
> > Please note that only current members can vote in the upcoming election,
> > and that the deadline for new memberships or renewals to vote in the
> > upcoming election is 01 April 2024 at 23:59 UTC.
> >
> > If you are interested in joining the X.Org Foundation or in renewing
> > your membership, please visit the membership system site at:
> > https://members.x.org/
> >
> > Christopher Michael, on behalf of the X.Org elections committee
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> given that the year's first email reminding everyone to renew their
> memberships was sent on Feb 7 when the renewal was NOT open yet, I
> wonder how many people thought they had already renewed and are now
> thinking they don't need to do anything?
>
> I fell for that: On Feb 7, I went to members.x.org to check my status,
> it said I was registered for "2023-2024" and there was no button to
> renew, so I closed the page confident that I was a member for 2024.
> After all, it said 2024. This was a mistake I realised only after being
> personally poked to renew. I know for sure of one other person falling
> for the same.

Make that two. Thanks for the notice.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]