Re: PR: nv50 IB-mode DMA crash fixes

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 11:04 AM Ilia Mirkin <imirkin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 3, 2023 at 11:37 AM Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 1) The nv50 DMA code clearly believed push buffers could not (or
> > should not) exceed NV50_DMA_PUSH_MAX_LENGTH, when my analysis logging
> > shows that they regularly exceed this maximum by an order of magnitude
> > or more.  Was the assumption originally true?  If so, when/why did it
> > change?  Is the more correct fix to enforce individual pushbuf size
> > limits?
>
> The BO itself can be artibrarily sized. However the length stored in
> the ring only has so many bits, so that provides a natural maximum.
>
> https://envytools.readthedocs.io/en/latest/hw/fifo/dma-pusher.html#ib-mode
>
> This might be different on newer gens though.

Oh, but that said, the way we pass the NO_PREFETCH flag through *is*
by bumping the length -- IIRC the uapi doesn't have an explicit
setting for it.

e.g. see https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nvc0/nvc0_query_hw.c#n477

This is the API for libdrm_nouveau, but I seem to recall it's largely
just passed through.

Cheers,

  -ilia

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]