Re: Questions on Falcon Command Processor

I believe that NVDec is similar to the MSDEC engines (BSP, VP, and
PPP) on Kepler GPUs. You can see the details of the various bits being
submitted here:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video.h
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video_bsp.c
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_vp3_video_vp.c

and some related code. I haven't investigated the precise details of
NVDec yet, but rumors suggest it should be similar, even though it's a
single engine now rather than many. You'll have to do some sniffing.

Cheers,

  -ilia