Re: 640x480 does not fill screen

It would be useful to know how the screen is connected. Also please
grab the monitor's EDID from /sys/class/drm/cardN-connector/edid and
attach it here. It would also be interesting to get a boot with
"drm.debug=0x1e nouveau.debug=disp=trace" which has the modeswitch in
question.

The thing about 640x480 is that it's not a lot of pixels, too few for
some modern monitors. I believe some games need to be played in order
to increase the pixel clock, and I suspect nouveau doesn't play them
correctly.

Cheers,

  -ilia