NNTPCache "pre-caching" of articles

Hi All

Before I ask my question some background...
	I'm an individual who has setup a nntpcache server because my isp runs
	a service that isn't very good (not enough connections, low article
	retention & slow response).  I do have a decent connection speed (600k)
	so I've read about this program and setup a server to (among other things)
	cache news articles for specific groups.  I need something that connects
	and downloads articles for these groups 24/7 so all I have to do is read
	articles from the local server.
	I'm running v3.0.1 on Red Hat Linux 8

So far I have setup a service that connects to my ips's server and acts as a
proxy for all groups and as a cache for the groups I use most.
This seems to work great except that it only downloads (& caches) articles
as
I request them and what I'd like it for it to have already automatically
cached
the articles before I ask.

If this is not possible in the current version then that's fine and I can
understand
that this might not be what it is designed for.
However there may be a workaround if I can have a service that runs on my
server
requesting articles (so they are cached) without actually doing anything
with them.

Is it possible to configure the server so it caches all articles
automatically ?
(for the specified groups)
If not then is there a program which can run in the background and
automatically
prompt the server to cache new articles ?  (with a request for the article)
Finally if both options are not available then I have C programming skills
and
I think I could have a pretty good go at trying write a dumb program to do
what
I need.  However I have no knowledge of programming for networks or nntp.
Can
someone direct me to help with this please ?

Many thanks in advance !
Darren