NNTPCache-3.0.1 - Core dumped

I searched the mailing list achives but couldn't find a suggestion as to
what I'm doing wrong.  When running nntpcached -n I get the following:

NNTPCache-3.0.1
Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Australian National Cognitive Facility
See the files "COPYING", "FAQ", "LICENSING" and
http://www.nntpcache.org/ for copyright details
cwd now /usr/local/etc/nntpcache
cwd now /files/nntp/nntpcache
rad_add_server failed
Abort (core dumped)

My nntpcache.* files are as follows:

nntpcache.config:
Just changed the cacheDir and adminEmail values

nntpcache.servers:
user:pass@news-east.giganews.com.  DEFAULT         4h      2d      2d
30m     60d     60d
%BeginGroups
*               news-east.giganews.com.

nntpcache.access
*       *       read,post

I'm just trying to get the program running with the most basic setup.  Then
I'll configure nntpcache.acess to fit my needs.  I tried to change the
default user in nntpcache.config to root, tried changing the mmap size to
8MB, tried to remove the dot at the end of the domain, but none of those
seemed to change the outcome.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Tim