Re: [NNTPCACHE] Ldap support through PAM in Solaris 2.7

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Rivera Alonso, David wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I've been using nntpcache 3.0.1 for 3 days with a great and successful
> result. I'm using it with no auth method.
> I want to use Ldap, and Julian suggested me not to use it directly in
> Solaris (won't work), but to use PAM instead.
> Now the question: do I have to compile(configure) nntpcache
> --with-authinfo-ldap or just "configure", with no auth info passed to
> configure command.

If you're using PAM, nntpcache doesn't need to know about LDAP.

> After that: which should be the ideal environment? Openldap, PADL PAM module
> for LDAP is enough? And what about pam.conf entries? Do I have to place Ldap
> server information in 'nntpcache.config' file? and auth=ldap in
> 'nntpcache.access' lines?

The PAM module is all you'd need. Setting NNTPCache to authenticate to PAM
in your access.conf should be it.

Your pam.conf might be similar to this
##
nntpcache   auth      required        /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
nntpcache   account   required        /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
nntpcache   session   required        /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
nntpcache   password  required        /usr/lib/security/pam_ldap.so.1
##

> Any of you have this experience in any S.O.?

Not for PAM!

(I'm basing this on experience with Linux PAM, so YMMV)

Hope this helps,
Peter.